Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hello!!

Hello!!

My name is Katie and I live in Warwick.  I am a second grade teacher in South Kingstown.  I currently have my certification in Elementary 1-6, Reading K-12 and will have my ESL/Dual Language 1-6 certification this summer.  I  have been teaching second grade for the past 9 years at Wakefield Elementary School. As an undergrad I went to URI and then went on to complete a M.Ed. in Literacy from Providence College. This is my last class for my Master's in the TESL program!!!!!  When I am not teaching school or taking classes, I am a figure skating instructor.  I coach individual students and teams of skaters.  Last year I became the Director of our Learn to Skate program for children and adults.  During the summer I will be spending a few days a week at the rink and hopefully spending some time at the beach.  The rest of my time will be spent with my very active 8 year old son Riley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note to Educators: Hope Required When Growing Roses in Concrete/Hope and Healing in Urban Education

Note to Educators: Hope Required When Growing Roses in Concrete Author: Jeffrey Duncan-Andrade The author uses this article to discus...